Friday, October 1, 2010

Worldlife

Oh-my-goodness! I can't even begin to tell you how excited and amazed I am! But let me try to explain. =)

The BSM has an organization called "Worldlife" where transfer students from other countries come to meet new people and learn English. Most of the students I met were from China - bless you Kendall for teaching me a little Chinese!!! I was able to tell them all "woh ai nee"!!! =)))

But they were so direct with their questions! It was amazing because they were reading the Bible for their very first time!!! And they asked the most intriguing questions!

The girls in my smallgroup, Joy, Vicky, Glinda, Sarah, and Amber, they were all such sweethearts! I was blown away by how much we had in common and could relate to each other!!!

We taught them the stories of the house upon the rock and the tax collector and the Pharisee. Rereading those stories, I saw them in a completely new way and a higher level of understanding than when I was a child. It was intense.

But the most incredible thing is how pouring doctrine into someone else's heart, it teaches you as well!!! Discipleship is a beautiful thing. I'm so happy that I could share some of the spiritual truths I've learned with someone meeting the Word for the first time! It fills my heart with joy.



I skimmed through this book at Tyler's house. It was kind of funny. I used to really like manga books, and seeing the Gospel in cartoon form was the strangest thing...


Hey...Share a truth with someone today. Someone younger or less experienced. Help your brother take the next step in their faith. None of us walk alone. =)
Or if you don't have doctrine to share, build someone up. Kindness is the only precious jewel that is a renewable resource.

I hope that made sense! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment