Friday, October 8, 2010

Overworked

Let's see. Today was another good one.
I wasn't in the best mood because I got tricked by a test for the second time. Art quiz questions are .... ambiguous

I don't think I've been slacking off as far as studying and working hard on pieces and vocabulary. I don't waste a whole bunch of time doing pointless things.

These blogs actually take less than 3 min to write and pick out a picture. And they're a nice break from homework.

But it frustrates me because I used to get top grades, and I feel like I'm just trying to survive in this environment. I want to do more than hang on. I want to flourish academically.

So I think I'm going to have to decide what things are most important to me and devote time to those things. I've realized that I really and truly can't do them all.

Schoolwork exhausts me. My eyes are tired from reading. My mind is tired from learning.
But I can't have that Sabbath, that day of rest, without getting my work done.

I thought that by taking 12 hours I would have a fairly easy load, but I see that it is not the case.. I would have really had a miserable first semester if I had taken 14! Haha. No, I'm sure I would have found UNT just as fabulous, but it would have been.... more of a struggle... I'm so overwhelmed by all this work. And I'm so afraid that I will find that Advertising requires something I don't have, or leads me down the wrong path. I'm worried that I won't do well in my classes.

I feel like I've grown so much more spiritually than I have ... artistically? I've learned so much more from these loving people and older brothers and sisters than I've learned from any class.

And that's where I feel guilty. I want to make good grades to get a scholarship and have a good academic GPA, and make my parents proud, but I have this crazy hunger and thirst for righteousness! So it's hard to say no to Bible study....

To wrap things up, I would just really love some prayer, for peace over my heart, that I would be able to show discernment in where God wants me and aid in time management.

1 comment:

  1. I'm already very proud of you. Dad. I prayed. If it's any consolation to you, I think most college students struggle with the workload. It's part of the learning process.

    ReplyDelete