Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Power of prayer

The thing about prayer is...
God is more than a grandfather watching over all the universe. He moves and works and changes lives. He is an awesome and powerful God.

So when we pray, we should know that God is not only listening, but that prayers have power in them. Healing, softening of hearts, change.

And when we are struggling, sometimes one of the most healing things that can happen to us is having brothers and sisters pray over us. Mankind runs to drugs and therapy and worldly cures but the reality is only God has the power to save us from sins and everything that is wrong with our flesh.

I tried to beat this sin by my own strength. I thought, "if I just do this and this, I can do it" But I thought that I had to do it alone.
I can NEVER defeat this sin. But the God over all the universe who dwells within me can, and will, I just need to focus on surrendering and being obedient to him.

Thought-pattern related sins, they are subtle sins. We think as long as we don't drink, curse, lie or have sex that we are righteous. But Jesus teaches that merely the thought of adultery is condemned as adultery, our thoughts are supposed to be holy. And I am guilty of unholy thoughts and idolatry - putting other things before God.

Don't be discouraged!!! God wants you to run to His arms and ask for His help. I know that it is only through Him that I can defeat this habitual idolatry sin, and when I pass through this fire I will be sanctified.

I love you all so much, my precious brothers and sisters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment