Friday, October 29, 2010

Sighs vs. Music Theory

You can tell everything about how I'm feeling by the way I walk in after a long day.

I always will sigh, because I'm exhausted, but the pitch of the sigh says everything.

For example. I realized today that my sigh started on B flat and dropped a fifth. (Usually every sigh will contain a fifth drop.) And that accurately summed up my mood. B flat is a mellow key. "Doin' fine"

If I sigh an "A" you should just accept that I had a wonderful day and not ask about it, because I will gush about how good it was and annoy you because the A sigh is the dreamy "I saw him today" sigh

The optimal sigh pitch is "G" and it is the most common.
In fact that's the one I sigh the most when walking in the door.


The rare bad/grueling day is an F sharp.

If you happen to have your tuner out and you hear an F sharp sigh....... I'd appreciate it if you went up and hugged me.

But today was a B flat day.
Pretty swell.

nighty night

1 comment:

  1. This is pure music lover's poetry. I love you and imagine hugging you tight always. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete