Monday, October 4, 2010

Nights of Art

It's been a fun weekend. =)

Saturday night, me, Yandi, Carli, and Megan had an art night! We all did our thing, I tried painting in india ink. I've done it gesturally on newsprint, but this time I was doing it on nice drawing paper..

I painted Megan! It was very... caricature-ish

I can't ever say that I have a Sunday "routine" or that anything is "usual" about church because it's always something new. Always something pushing me a little farther out of my comfort zone.

But I did go to church. And we went to Ramen Republic. Tasty! I usually don't eat my entire meal but lately I've had a ferocious and powerful appetite. >:)


Me, Shelbi, Mikey, Joe, and Megan all went to Art Six. I actually got to meet the artist featured in the gallery - I think I was way more excited than the situation called for but you know what? It's no bad thing to be excited about life.

After communion, we all went to McDonalds. Super fun, that's probably the food I miss the most when I'm eating at Maple. Waffles are all well and good, but McDonalds hotcakes are in another food genre altogether.



I feel like I have to defend McDonalds whenever I mention that I like it. Because there's always someone who looks skeptical. "Eat This Not That", a really awesome restaurant health-grading site, rates it a B+. It used to be an F, but they've gotten so much better! And they offer many healthy selections.
So don't hate on it too much. =)

This morning I rode the UNT bus for the first time. I didn't get very close to the art building, but it was close enough, and it was nice to close my eyes and rest instead of walking all the way.

I am a little worried that I'm getting sick because I had a bit of a sore throat last night and this morning also I'm feeling a little under the weather. My throat does feel a bit better.
My fear is that I'll get so sick that I have to miss something important. Right now I can manage.

As always, God is working and moving in incredible ways all the time. Every day is an adventure.

You know... college really is like McDonalds
I'M LOVIN IT

Hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment