Monday, October 25, 2010

Delight in the Lord!

I remember when I first came here, and God was just working and moving in my life in crazy ways, certain phrases kept echoing in my mind. "Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." "Ask and you shall recieve."

I find myself remembering those phrases. God knows what we need. And He does not withhold these good things from us.

My lovely older sisters in Christ have blessed me so much with their kindness and beautiful examples of godly women.

This past week I had been feeling discouraged because I am so young and immature in my faith. I admire my sisters for their strength and wisdom, but it makes me realize how much I have to learn.
The discouragement came from my repeated failure to overcome temptation and just academically I'm not doing as well as I'd hoped. So it was spiritual and worldly discouragement.

But Pastor Ross said something this morning, he told us not to get caught up in the works; that Jesus tells us only to fix our eyes upon Him and let Him work in us.

I'd been so caught up in works.. I know that I'm supposed to love God firstly, and everything else falls after, but I need to stop stressing about the after. God will change me and fix me in His own time. I just have to fix my eyes on Him. And the fruit of that will be my overcoming of those obstacles.

As for academics, I'm cutting back even more things to make sure I get everything done. And this last project, I did it in a worshipful manner, I wanted my work to be pleasing to the Lord.
I am so happy that even my schoolwork can be worship..

Even if painting is difficult. =)

I feel like as long as I'm doing my best, I don't need to get down and discouraged on myself. Getting discouraged is so easy for me to do - but I fight those thoughts. We're all going at our own pace. I'm doing what I can. =)

I hope this post was encouraging for you - if you're feeling discouraged, or even if you're just praying and waiting for God to move in your life.. He will not withhold good things from you, remember the righteous man "is like a tree planted by rivers of water... whatever he does will work out well for him." =)

Tight hugs. Warm wishes.
Whatever it is, you can do it. You'll overcome it.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I forgot to keep my eyes on God while in school and I gotta tell you I sank pretty low. God tried to speak, but at the time, I was deaf. Looking back I realize I put school, grades, organizations first, not our Lord. Today, I still struggle with listening, and obeying out of laziness, fears and lack of discipline; in addition to, not attending church and studying God's word. I am trying to forge ahead just like the" Lil engine that Could," and did. You my dear Rachel keep your eyes, heart and spirit on God; thus, making the journey up the hill and around all the curves will be so much easier...just keep chugging like that Lil engine.
    Love ya lots,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sweet heart. I am blessed by your encouraging words =) I know I struggle with some of those things, obeying out of laziness, lack of discipline, etc
    Keep forging ahead! These is a wonderful reward for us. =)
    Lovelovelove you oodles wonderful ♥

    ReplyDelete