Sunday, October 10, 2010

Suko Thai !!! And Idols


So I think Suko Thai is my favorite place in the world. Just maybe.
I can get a delicious plate of rice that is more than I can eat for $1! For a quarter more it will be fried rice, which I just had for the first time!!!♥ And surprise surprise, I liked it! ♥

I really and truly love the people that surround me right now. Thinking of them puts a smile on my face and a ray of sunshine in my heart. They're so kind.

I'm so amazed and in awe of the wonderfulness that God is just blessing me so much with. It's unreal.

Still working on the paper. It's easy to write the parts that I've really thought out, but my third section was really.. just to have a third section. Haha.
But it will be acceptable come Tuesday!!!

~~ Idols

I really felt like I had to share this. Because it's on my heart. I'm sorry but I get so excited about the new doctrines that I learn and rediscover!!!!

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’



"What do you center your life around? Where are your affections? What is most important to you?"
When I asked myself these questions, I realized that God really had strayed from the center of my life. I hadn't cast Him away... I just let other things creep into my life. Idolatry is something I've been struggling with. Specifically, romance. I'm awfully and hopelessly romantic. And God needs to be the one that I'm longing for, God needs to be the last person I think about, the one I dream about, the one who shapes my actions, the one whose love is "all I need."

Things like art, friendship, happiness, are all wonderful wonderful things, but when you start living for them, they become idols.
And being a Christian, a lover of God, that means He is your first love and the one you center your life around.
But it can also be just religion itself, and "looking religious" to fit in with the people around you. If you get caught up in the theology and forget God Himself, His beauty and Grace, then you're being idolatrous.

All sins stem from breaking this first commandment. When we love sin more than we love God, we choose it over Him. If we really loved Him all the time, we would obey him out of love. But we're not perfect - thank goodness Jesus stepped in.
And we physically can't love God the way He loves us. It's only through Christ that we are able to have a relationship with God at all.

I realize that it's Christ that enables us to do every good work, including loving God with all my heart. The Holy Spirit in us is the life inside us, growing the fruits of the Spirit!! (that's why they're called fruits of the Spirit...ahh)
So we can't expect to be able to grow them in our own struggling. We are never big or strong enough.


Hey! Youtube this song:

Cory Asbury "So Good to Me"
It's just a wonderful praise song.

And if you're also struggling with idolatry, this song is perfect for setting aside that idol and turning it over to God.
Matt Maher "Lay it Down"

I love you and thanks for reading the second part. I'm just so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment