Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Screwtape and stumbles

After I finished Coffeeshop Gospel, I kind of stopped reading anything outside of textbooks and the Bible, two things that I can't afford not to read.

But The Screwtape Letters might be my new favorite book. I loved it so much that I started and finished it, today.

It sounds like it'd be scary... letters from demons? And to some extent it is unsettling, but mostly, it's funny and enlightening.
I think I did well on a test today. So that's good news.

Aside from that, today wasn't as much fun, but tomorrow has exciting plans! =)

OH - and a friendly reminder...

If you believe, as I do, that Christ Jesus is Lord, and you follow Him, then you are my brother/sister, you are my family, you are always welcome to message/visit me when you are lonely, seeking truth, in need of prayer, anything really.

Actually this applies to everyone - but I wanted to assure my brothers and sisters that I consider them as such.

To you who also pursue truth: don't let me spread false doctrine. If I write something untrue, or say something that isn't true, please tell me. And call me out when I screw up. I really need people to hold me accountable.

One last thing: I came across an old post and I realized that instead of writing the details of my day, recently I just have been writing about new spiritual truths that I want to share. Perhaps that's not interesting to read.... but those things really have become the details of my day - there's less of UNT that I have left to discover, and more and more, I'm finding out there's a lot about God I have yet to discover.

You have my love and affection, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment