Monday, November 22, 2010

Give and take

Hey-la-lo-ah!

It's good to be back in Denton. I did go home for the weekend!

Aledo seems like such a distant memory. There are some things I can remember really well, but the people I spent time with are off on their own adventures. As am I of course!

I guess the whole world feels like a different place. I like to think that I've changed, and even Denton itself is turning over to winter.
This first semester is a season in itself... a season of learning and soaking up and delighting in the Lord.. I hope that the next season will allow me to repay the people around me for all the kindness they have shown me.

The years, since 2004, have gotten progressively better... Until here, where I am completely befuddled and bewildered as to how every moment could contain so much joy and blessing. What could the future have in store?

I keep in mind, though, that all these things are gifts. It's only through God's grace that I am able to study here. Sometimes I wonder if I, like Job, am being blessed in preparation for some trial. But even if all these wonderful things I write about were taken away, I hope that my faith would be strong enough so that my first response would be to praise God...

I heard a pastor say, "You shouldn't love anything on earth so much that if it were taken away it would impair your ability to worship."
So I enjoy and hold these blessings with open hands.

Thank you, Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment