Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gladness

You ever find yourself in the company of people so wonderful, you could be doing anything with them, and you would be happy?

Not just wonderful. I say that so much.

But people that build you up?
People that make you feel good when you're around them?
People that inspire and encourage you, and treat you with kindness?

When you're with those people...Doesn't it just fill your heart with gladness?

How did I ever get so lucky, that I could come here, and learn so many wonderful things about art and human communication, but also learn about the kingdom of heaven, alongside these friends?

I'm about to get started on the coolest project I've ever been assigned, ever. It gives us a lot of freedom and I can't wait to get cracking.
But also I need to finish a different project for Honors Argument. That will come first.

I hope that my entries don't mislead you into thinking I'm neglecting my studies. I just find that writing about cutting up strips of paper is boring... and I am excited about art, but even more excited about how God is moving!

I wrote a poem of gladness the other day.
And then I translated it into Polish (thanks Google translate)
And when I translated it back, I liked it better

~

How I love Your law,
Your Word and Your presence!
I delight in Your splendor;
Your commandments are just.

I take joy that my name
Is found in Your book.
My sin earns me death,
Instead You give your life

Glory to my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment