Monday, November 29, 2010

A Dream Come True

When I was little I wanted to be a lot of things.

I wanted to be a glass-blower at one time.
I wanted to be an artist - along with half the other kids my age
But most of all, I wanted to be an author.

I wanted to be an author so badly, and I was so sure of myself, I thought that at age 18, I would be the world's most successful author.
I wanted to have a book published by 15 ... imagine that

I remember I wanted a lot of things, too. I wanted a house with a hundred floors.


It wasn't so long ago that I had a dream that I got all of those things, I woke up and everything was there. Funny huh, dreaming that all your dreams came true?


But as I grew and reality set in, my dreams changed... fame was more important than the book, a man was more important than the house...

Strange!

And as I matured in faith, my dreams changed again. Simple dreams. Simple groanings of my heart, so basic in nature that I can hardly describe them.

It's true - eternity was placed in the heart of man.

And all those groanings, my heart's hand outstretched, was met and grasped by the Love it was reaching for.Finger by finger, the perfect fit. The perfect remedy. The perfect answer to the desolate question.

Words, even thoughts only paint an image of the joy that overwhelmed me like ... in the words of David Crowder, a hurricane.

Now I can't help but realize, that when I close my eyes at the end of the day, I am living my dream come true. In every regard.

As we pursue God, our desires become more like His desires. And as Scripture says, seek ye first the kingdom, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

God's goodness is being repeated like a beautiful chorus, a catchy song I hear on the radio, it just won't stop echoing in my life. God is good. And then I'm given some new treasure that I don't deserve - over and over again. Grace..... it's overwhelming

don't forget your First Love
and because He loved me... He taught me how to love.
And it is only through Him that I can honestly say

that I really and truly love you, friends

No comments:

Post a Comment