Sunday, September 19, 2010

O Brother Where Art Thou?

This morning C3 had a baptism service. It wasn't your typical service, but then again, nothing about C3 is ordinary! (I mean that in the best of ways) =)

We went in the middle of the square and they had a horse watering trough set up, and they did a really public profession of their faith. I love that. It was really awesome to hear their stories and get dunked right out in the open for passerby to see!

Hearing about their changed lives, it made me think about my own spiritual life. I've been sharing my story, but I started thinking about my baptism and my entire walk.

I am grateful that when I was baptized I understood the reasoning and that I grasped the concept of grace and forgiveness and that I was a new creation.
I am also grateful that I've been raised in a Christian home and was saved VERY early on.

But when I hear stories of the people who were living totally lost and then come back completely on fire for Christ, they really ACT like a new creation.

I've said this so much but I finally feel like I have a spiritual heartbeat, a hunger and thirst for the word, a real relationship, more than just being spoon-fed. So I finally feel like a new creation, and I feel like I'm living more radically, like how I would if I had taken a 180 turn.
Obviously there's more I could do. I'm still learning how to turn my life over. But I'm so excited to grow.
I'm sorry if this is repetitive. But I want the world to know, and especially my family, because this is burning at the core of my heart.

Anyway.

I got a message from my dad - and got to hear a "recap" of my little brother's baseball game. He made a really great catch! I'm very proud of him and I wish I could have been there to see it.

I wish I could be more like Daniel. He's the best little brother anyone could ask for. Whenever anyone is hurting, he is there to offer a comforting pat on the back or a hug. When he says words of encouragement, whatever he says, it's always just what they needed to hear.

We sang a song at the baptism, the one from O Brother Where art Thou? "Oh, brothers, let's go down, let's go down.."
I think we should all try to be more like Daniel - spiritual brothers, always building each other up.

Miss you Dan-Dan!

2 comments:

  1. I miss you too, Rachel. I feel like a celebrity getting mentioned on your blog! You'll have to tell Jessie my name is Dan-Dan and not Baby Daniel. We're all waiting for you to visit us again.
    Love,
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Baby Daniel.
    Upon your request, I have half stopped calling you Baby Daniel and half started calling you Dan-Dan.
    You've noticed I've started calling you Baby Dan-Dan.
    Lata.
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete