Monday, September 20, 2010

Design Critique


Well I had my first real design critique. My designs weren't super but I worked hard on them, and I got one to look how I wanted it to. The other one.... ended up a little different, but it was ok.
I was happy with both. Not thrilled.

I was a little overwhelmed when I walked in because all the other pieces were so good. So I felt a bit scared presenting mine.


But HOORAY! Everyone said nice things. There's this one guy Tyler who seems to know everything there is about art theory and gestalt, and he said something favorable. So that really made my day. I wish I could perform at everyone else's level, because they had more complicated designs with stronger visuals but I'm just getting started. I will catch up >:)

For someone with no "design" experience I suppose it could have gone worse.

I scheduled an appointment with the career counselor today. I didn't get to talk to her, but I AM being proactive about the whole thing.

I also picked up a ticket for the honors picnic on thursday. And got the email fixed, so hopefully I won't be relying on honors kid gossip to know about events like this....

On the weekend eating healthier is harder. Not only do I find myself off campus a lot, but even when I'm on campus, Maple is closed, and that really saddens me. Maple is so cozy and small and wonderful, and Kerr is... ok, but intimidating. I have no idea why. Longer walk? More people? Who knows.

Boy if I ever find the time/energy I will definitely hit the REC center. But between projects, bsm stuff, and everything, I find that I'm expending a lot of time and energy, not a lot left over.
BUT! I am getting so much out of it. Every day I feel like I've learned a month's worth of lessons. I try to suck the juice out of every moment.

I saw a sign inviting people to a "milk and cookies" party, and the header read "LAST CHANCE CHILDHOOD" on it. It made me sad because I only have a few days left until I turn eighteen.........

No comments:

Post a Comment