Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mission: Denton

Ok, so I didn't go to the overnight part of Mission Denton because I really wanted to focus on my design project, which I'm taking a break from (I've come a long way so it's deserved)
I DID however put in a few service hours this morning, which was good.

This morning I went with Krystal and Carli to do facepainting at Fouts Stadium =)
I've never facepainted before but it was very fun to see the kids' faces when I got done - both in expression and completion!
(Maybe I should've taken pictures of them for my portfolio! Haha.)
[Note: I took pictures with a young couple that were very enthusiastic and those can be found on facebook in my photos under "UNT happenings"]

I also helped Krystal, Carli, and Whitney and some other girls pick up trash from along the shoreline of the lake. It was super gross but a wonderful exercise in humility and obedience. =)

I felt like a kid again today for a number of reasons.
1) I was very excited when the balloon guy let me hold the giant bouquet of balloons... maybe that made me happier than it should, but I did feel young again, especially when he let me pick out two colors of balloons to take home!
2) I got to play on the playground at Eureka Park! It was fun and I got to swing and someone pushed me on the tire swing and spun me around!!! =))))

Please pray for me as I continue to pursue knowledge, understanding, and growth in Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment