Monday, September 20, 2010

"revolutionized by love"


Tonight me and some other BSM kids gathered at Lindsey's house to prepare for a thing called "Cardboard Testimonies."
If you've been to super summer, or a Christian youth camp, you've probably heard about them. In case you haven't, the basic idea is that you write on one side a statement reflecting your life before Christ and the other side reflects how your life has changed.

It was kind of hard for me to decide what to put on the first side. Many of the statements coming to mind were "sad" and "angry" but most of all "lost"
The sad part is, I had the theology in my heart, but I was distant from God. There was no firm relationship.
After Christ really became a part of my life, everything changed! And things are changing now, I feel like it's a whole new stage of my Christian life.

But it was hard to share the junk that was in my life before... because I was worried about how I would be seen afterwards. I guess that's a pretty silly thing. But I guess, as much of my heart as I wear on my sleeve...
So I ended up putting "self-destructive" because that covered it all, how I tore myself down inside.

On the other side, I wrote that my life was "revolutionized by love"
And I use and think about that word so much. I try and keep it a priority in my life. As a verb, I mean. Helping and caring for people.

I think that was my 180 degree turn. From tearing myself down to building other people up. That was what I originally wanted to put. "building up His family/Kingdom" something like that.

I've rediscovered Rich Mullins...again. I keep re-finding him and falling in love with his music over and over. Shuffle is a wonderful thing.

The people at the BSM are so filled with love and compassion. I am so blessed to have fellowship with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment