Monday, September 27, 2010

Candles in the grass

Communion was different tonight.

Firstly, I biked to Communion. I almost didn't get lost. I actually got confused multiple times. I biked to the hospital and realized it was too far, I biked down the wrong road and had to get directions.
But then.... my lack of directional skills is nothing new

Secondly, we had communion in a field. We put candles in the grass. They were protected in little cups, no need to fret. And then we worshipped and sang and prayed out in the field under the stars. I've never done anything like it.

Something about singing "you placed the stars in the sky and you know them by name" while looking up right into the big dipper is special.


I realized something though. It's harder for me to follow God the way I do here back home. I just slip back into the same ruts and stumble over the same things - even after I prayed for strength to fight against them!

But I'm getting stronger all the time. There is still so much I don't understand, and sometimes it overwhelms me, but in the best of ways. The world doesn't have any power over me, the only thing I want to overwhelm me is the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment