Friday, September 3, 2010

Chats with Veterans

They call people who dropped Communication Design "ex-coms" and "ex-commies."
So far, I have only met a few people who are still in the program - most of the Comm Design people I've talked to have been the "ex-coms" with words of warning, "you'll never make it!!!"

Last night I met an ex-com who gave me a lot of encouraging advice. He told me not to listen to the people who were trying to scare us off - it was just to weed out the sickly kinda thing.

I went to this Christian dinner thing that apparently goes on every thursday at 5:30. Pretty cool to meet Christians from other organizations and denominations.
Then I went to worship with the BSM. You don't realize how refreshing and less-stress it is to worship without thinking about just the musical elements until you step back into the congregation.
The BSM had a small group thing for the art majors, and I got to have fellowship with other Commies, and some studio art majors and RTFVs, so that was pretty nice.

After that there was a pancake dinner. It was an unplugged open mic night kind of thing. I met the amazing watercolorist Yandi Tenorio, which was awesome because I've only seen her awesome artwork, so it felt like meeting a celebrity.
She said that we could do "art nights" and watercolor together. Sounds awesome to me!
She sang that song "Bed Intruder" at the open mic. Funny =)

I also got to meet a CURRENT Comm Design major who was in her senior year. She was ABSOLUTELY fabulously talented. I was totally blown away.

I know that Comm Design is what I WANT to do, but is it something that I CAN do? I don't know if I have what it takes, but I'm willing to work to get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment