Thursday, March 24, 2011

Velveeta

Yesterday was so great!!

OK, so, right after my 8 am, I had a hardcore study time, and then me and friends went to Kroger to get "Babysitter food" for parish and I got some Velveeta Macaroni and cheese. I remember eating that many years ago, and it tasted just like I remembered it - so good....

Anyway, we also got things like mini corn dogs and tater tots and canned tuna... I guess those are classic babysitter foods? I wasn't babysat that much...
But I had so much macaroni. It was ridiculous.

Making all that food was bunches of fun.

Parish was really great! Maggie entertained us with "Bertino Explains All" and she told us how pizza rolls were made! Afterwards we all went to the Hydrant to hang out! What a swell place!

Oh, and I had this really ornate white top, and it looked kind of old fashioned, and Elise gave me this white hat that went perfectly with it! She's so sweet! =)

~

Yesterday morning, while riding my bike to class (and thinking about how much I loved that familliar ride to class), I realized something: I really, really, really was supposed to go to UNT. And I really, really love being here.. but also, I really, really love the campus and every stinkin person that goes here.

After a semester and a half, I know UNT isn't heaven on earth.

Here's the thing: it's like I fell in love with this school. I know all its flaws but I am madly drawn to it anyway. Its flaws are all the more endearing.

I love the steep hill whenever I want to go to the north end of campus, I love the construction sites and the friendly workers, and I can't help but think of just how much I love even the things most people complain about.

I know that it's just another city. It's just another college. And whenever I leave, my joy doesn't disappear, I don't have an alter ego, I don't unlearn things, and I still pursue the Lord delightedly.
But in this city I am learning so many new things and doing things I've never done before. Like eating crazy new foods and drinks, meeting crazy new people, and how to be an adult (absolutely frightening)

Well, that's all I have to say! Toodly-do

No comments:

Post a Comment