Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Child Development

Day 14
"A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without"

You know, when you're smack in the middle of something, it's hard to evaluate it. If I looked at my life from right here, I'd answer differently than I would if I were sitting in a helicopter, looking down at all the rivers and mountains of Rachel-country.

So I'll climb the tallest hill and try to tell you what I think.

It's strange to try and pick one person for each of these categories. the MOST crazy friend. the person that has gotten you through the MOST.
I can try to picture what life would be like had I simply been formed out of dirt. In that sense, there's no one person I can imagine life without. Even Jesus. Back in the days of Moses when you had to sacrifice and pay God back in blood for all the things you did wrong, and go to a priest when you wanted to ask God something... I can try to imagine that.

I think the two most important people in my life are my parents. I would definitely be a lot different....
In Psychology we're learning about childhood development and how if one kid lacks something, he turns out confused in a certain way.
I feel really blessed because, (even though no one here is perfect,) my parents are godly people, and brought me up in love and a peaceful home. They really cared about making sure all of my needs were met. I griped and complained a lot because I thought I had better ideas about what I needed, but I've come to realize that (especially in this day and age) everything they put in me was even more precious than jewels and gold.

That being said, here's a thought:
In a fallen world, every kid seems to grow up missing something, because they all turn out seeking things to fill their void. So in their quest for what the world calls "self-actualization", the El Dorado of psychological health, they ask psychologists to analyze what went wrong in their youth.
What went wrong? No parent is GOD, no father is FATHER; inevitably, some fleshly failing will, if not create, we can say, it will make evident that void.

I think even my situation would affirm that. I think if anyone met my parents they would be amazed at how loving they are and what good parents they are. This isn't just my opinion; I've heard multiple accounts of how impressed people are with my parents. (Again let me restate that I'm blessed)
But EVEN THEN I was not satisfied. Eternity is in the heart of man, and man will not be satisfied until he is reconciled to Him.

That's all I have to say about that ~ ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment