Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Blessed Day

OH-MAN
OH-MAN
There's so much to say about Friday!

Friday started out so wonderfully. Me and my friends met at the stone circle and prayed out of Common Prayer, then we just prayed and sang and were edified.

It goes back to that thing, I always think, I'll just have to struggle through this, (like learning to have peace,) but it's a gift. Like every other spiritual fruit. God blesses us with it.
It's not something I can muster up.. Not a virtue I can induce, some bizarre emotional high, just a God-given reality. Peace. Joy.

From there things could only get better and better. We ate at Sukho Thai, and then me and Jacob and Greg went around praying for people.

Funny how praying and building up others builds your own spirit up... so beautiful
What a good Father...

We went back to Crow house and sang and hung out.
Greg told a story about how these people at Bethel church would ask the Spirit to hold pennies on the wall. And there was a wall at Bethel with pennies covering it.
And then God did a lot of REALLY COOL stuff that I would rather tell you in person about, because you have to look in my eyes and know I'm telling the truth about it all.

So from there the night was just a total AWESOME mess of me rejoicing and having the time of my life, being with people I love dearly.

A kind friend, Marshall, asked me how I was doing, and I started laughing and I couldn't stop. I was so happy. I just kept laughing and his daughter wondered what was wrong with me and Greg told her it was the joy of the Spirit. I think I was truly just filled with the Spirit all night. So overwhelmingly joyous.

All night I realized, I don't have words for how awesome and good the Lord is, how awesome I feel, how great it is to be His daughter, and under the influence of His Holy Spirit. Just bubbly laughter.
I kept asking frantically, "What am I gonna do?!!!!" Because I was so frustrated that none of my adjectives could apply. Nothing could be good enough!

I danced around the square, I danced like I did in the mornings, wild and free, in the Spirit. God is GOOD.

The word "good" is the closest I have come. It is the essence of all things we appreciate and all things that give us pleasure, we call "good." It is the most basic, yet most pithy, word that we can call God's character.

I guess all this time I thought the Holy Spirit was just my conscience, telling me if I was screwing up. Weird, because it's demons that drag us into condemnation. True, the Spirit guides us into righteousness, but once we sin, it doesn't pour shame on us.. it convicts us to repent, but that's different..

The early church did things like praying a blessing over a pole, so that when people touched it, they would be healed, because they didn't have enough people to pray for the sick.
I think it was St. Peter's shadow, that when it fell on people, they were healed.
Power, power, wonder working power!

I guess I'm discovering what the Bible means by "miraculous powers." The Bible says it's a spiritual gift. Man!

I can't even .... dahh

The Lord just did a mass blessing on everything that happened today.

I guess I'll save the best part for last.

Me, Jacob, and Greg were at Crow and it was a bea-yoo-tiful day so we took a blanket and spread it out in a field. Jacob brought a guitar and sang praise songs and it was just so soothing ..I just lay on the blanket, closed my eyes, and felt content.

Never, ever in my life have I been so full. God has given everything I desired in abundance.

Hahaha!!! I'm crying tears of joy. Why? Because the Bible is TRUE.
Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart."

Thank you, God
Thank you Jesus....
You've finally allowed me to love You more passionately than any other love I've ever had...

My Lord, my Savior, my Good Father!!!!! May Your name be forever exalted!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment