Thursday, March 24, 2011

La Di Da

A summary of thursday:

-breakfast with Grace, and was shown just how far I am from blamelessness... Sometimes you don't even have to be rebuked by a brother/sister, the Holy Spirit convicts you in your heart.
-biked to the square in between classes. La Di Da, the store that sells TOMS shoes, didn't open until 11, and it was 10, so I went to Recycled to chill out and look at books, and I thought, "what if they had that great Walt Whitman poetry book I read in Maine that I loved so much?"
So I asked "where's poetry?" and the guy judged me, and told me to go upstairs, so I did, and I saw this book that looked EXACTLY like the one in Maine.... so much so that I secretly hope it got down here and it IS the one.
But I keep loving it. Opening it. Reading it. Sipping it like coffee. Carrying it around with me. Telling people about it. Writing to you about it.-Went into La Di Da the moment they opened their doors, and bought a pair of canvas toms =)


Tonight is Emily's birthday party, so there will be more about Thursday to rejoice over, but I will probably wait until tomorrow to tell you.

"O to make the most jubilant song!
O the joy of my spirit - it is uncaged - it darts like lightning!
O the gleesome saunter over fields and hillsides!
The leaves and flowers of the commonest weeds, the moist fresh stillness of the woods,
The exquisite smell of the earth at daybreak, and all through the fore-noon..."
-Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass

No comments:

Post a Comment