Thursday, March 10, 2011

March (A Prelude to Spring)

It's strange how easy it is to forget simple truths. Even truths that one professes to live by. Sometimes I'm amazed by what I've forgotten. I guess that's why we never (while we're in the world) stop learning and growing - we can RE-learn.

I stepped out of my last class, feeling weird, and strained, and then I saw the magnolia trees......
I wish I could tie my heart to the state of being in love. The waves and storms keep tugging it into frenzy and confusion and ambition. But at the end of it all, I'm washed back up, like smashed-up driftwood, on the beach of Grace.

This is where I want to be. Snuggled up in the warm sand.

Springtime is really here... The trees on campus are especially lovely. For some reason, my heart's been even more softened to things like that. Not necessarily a desire to worship nature, but an appreciation for it.

Spring itself seems to have come and settled in my heart.
All that joy I used to let get stolen from me has been restored to me sevenfold. Every day has become a celebratory one. So my days are turned to spring. Full of life.
The Gospel is like the springtime, like the sunshine, it's the water that all of Creation desires.

The new life blossoming all around me reminds me of the life I was given. Frozen and cold. Walking dead. It reminds me of Aslan, and how when he breathed on the stone statues, they came to life.
You know - that's what the Gospel feels like

It's hard for me to remember that every moment is spring. Not just the moments I'm alone and thinking about how good God is. Every moment is a worshipful moment. Every moment should be glorious. Every second should be God's. I can't afford to wallow in self-pity, thinking that this is winter for me. I don't want just the presentable parts of me to reflect Jesus. I want my most secret desires, the deepest parts of my soul, I want those to be holy.

I guess I don't need to tell you how far away I am from holiness. I guess you can look at me and laugh when I say I want to be perfect, as my Heavenly Father is.
I know it's a long journey.

But all I can do now is look up with love and adoring eyes at Christ. I want to wipe His feet with my hair and cry tears of joy.

From what I know... people that are in love cry a lot, but not always because they're sad.
I want to sob with happiness. To embrace Him and break everything else I held dear, because from here they look like filth.

........

This all answers day 17: something that has made a huge impact on your life recently. Of course, springtime.

I hope you are doing good. I hope your life is being showered with blessings and peace. I also hope that you are seeking the Lord. Only good will come of that ~

No comments:

Post a Comment