Monday, March 21, 2011

Trained Fingers

There are three things I have said that I am not good at. And Jessie will vouch for me on these things.

1. Math/logic.. can't do it
2. Gardening, apparently I have a "black thumb" <-- this must change
but most of all,
3. Children.

It's not that I hate children. I love children. But they never seem to like me. They kick me in the shins and run away after I smile and ask, "Hi, what's your name?"
That has been the history.

I guess I realized I shouldn't curse myself, by saying that kids don't like me, and that I am not good with them. I WANT to be a good caretaker.

BUT. The turn of the tide came last night. There were these children sitting on the couch and so I decided, I'm never giving up on this kid thing. I have to try again!

So I went up to this first little kid and did my schpiel, "hello there!" and I got whacked in the face with a toy and he took off and some more charming person took him on their knee. But I did not give up.
I went to his older brother, who was doodling, and asked him to show me his drawings.

SUCCESS! He had been drawing Legend of Zelda and Mario characters. And we talked enthusiastically about Paper Mario. His older brother joined in and we all talked about defeating the Shadow Queen and Deku trees and Ghomas.

Finally, finally, finally there is a PERK to being a huge nerd!!!
~

This verse is so encouraging to me.

Psalm 144:1-2
"The Lord, my protector, deserves praise - the one who trains my hands for battle, and my fingers for war, who loves me and is my stronghold, my refuge and my deliverer, my shield and the one in whom I take shelter, who makes nations submit to me."
Praise the Lord, we haven't been handed over into the hands of our enemies, the ones who would hurt us! We haven't been handed over to the wages of our sin!

Today, I went to an Indian restaurant with my friends and their conversation partners.
Then me and Carli went to the BSM to pray.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow... will be good

No comments:

Post a Comment