Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wisdom


I only had one class today.
Last new class.

Mass Communication. The first thing our professor did was show us a Lady Gaga "Poker Face" music video. So, it will probably be an engaging class.

Then the BSM had free lunch, and being on the leadership team, I got to sit and talk with people, which was pretty swell, you know, I sure do like people! Haha.

I realized today that one of the perks of having unlimited internet access is FREE PODCASTS!

1 Corinthians 14:20 "Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults."
Jesus said in Matthew 10:16, "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."

One of my big things this year is growing in wisdom. So I listen to sermons or, I found these cool free Japanese lessons. You can download all of these instructional things on iTunes for free. I didn't know this - I was just using YouTube.

I know people say that time flies when you're having fun, but sometimes... sometimes, man, the sweet moments just drip like thick honey...

What I love about Jesus today: His self-control and love for all, even the rude. I never thought about this before, but when you think about what sovereign power He has and how He could have just eliminated the Pharisees, or taken away their power, it's kind of crazy. He wasn't happy with them, I mean, He repeatedly admonished them and called them a "brood of vipers!"
But He still loved them.

There are always THOSE people, who are prideful and arrogant and rude, and it's easy to make fun of them and treat them unkindly, maybe they've earned it. And you don't feel guilty, because they're such unlovely, mean people.

Those people that just rub you the wrong way?

I hope to show love to someone I NEVER could without the Spirit's help. I hope to ACTUALLY love through the Spirit someone I couldn't on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment