Friday, January 28, 2011

Thirsty

Yes, I know it's Friday, and I know my last post was Tuesday. What can I say? I've been keeping busy.

But out of all that business, there's not much worth telling. Just chillin and having fun and, of course, studying. The hours I used to spend on studio art projects are now being spent reading.

I realized something... I can listen to podcast sermons all I want, but I'm always just thirsting for the Gospel. The pure, undiluted truth of the Bible.
Like in the beverage world, obviously some drinks are better than others. I guess sermons and devotionals are like health drinks and Mineral waters.
I love those mineral water things, and juice, but when I'm thirsty, there is NOTHING that beats a cold cup of pure water.

We're designed for it. We are MADE to drink it. We NEED water to live.
And of course, that's how it is with our spirits and the Gospel.

Not bashing good teaching. I love it. I'm so glad to have access to all this wise counsel. But I just wanted to emphasize how crucial the Gospel is in all of that.

What I love about Jesus today: His ability to meet all of our needs, and the greatest of all, the deepest and most desperate desire of our hearts for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment