Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Day of Class, Round 1 (Human kindness)

Today... was a challenge

Oh, don't be silly and jump to the conclusion that it wasn't a good day!

All I can say is that we live in a fallen world, and yes, Denton is included. But for a fallen world, there sure is evidence of the coming kingdom, in the form of human kindness.

I'm especially amazed by it right now.
In fact, it was human kindness that made today such a great one despite every challenge that came my way.

So the first class of the day was Psychology. It's a fairly big class, about 50 people, and the teacher seems nice. The course material will be interesting! I get the feeling it will be presented well, too.
I'll enjoy this one!

On my way to my second class I got in a bit of a bike accident. I braked too hard and thanks to inertia, my body kept moving while my bike stopped. This was a less than desirable situation. Thankfully I landed on my palms and sideish, perfectly alright, (bike is fine too) but I was in a bit of a shock.

Strangers ran over to help me. They helped gather my things and one girl offered to walk me to class. It was very sweet. I was overwhelmed.

People were also especially kind, strangers responded well when I greeted them and, while I'm talking about kindness, I was emboldened by the Spirit to exhort a brother I didn't know this morning at breakfast, and he recieved it kindly.

The second class of the day was Principles of Advertising. The professor's name is Dr. Noble, and he certainly fits that title. He dresses very well, speaks well, and seems very knowledgeable. Previously taught at SMU and TCU (so you know he's a good professor, haha!) He said that this would probably be our favorite class - and he's very funny!
I'll most definitely enjoy this one!

The third class of the day was English Comp II. I was a little intimidated but, even though I think it will be a difficult class, it will be an enjoyable and interesting one. The book we're reading, The Omnivore's Dilemma, is going to be the main focus of the course. It's actually more interesting than I expected. Engaging language and shocking statistics can make nutrition ... frankly, kind of fascinating.

Had a lovely evening with awesome people, did some studying, relatively productive day...

What I love about Jesus right now: His concern for us, His love for the sick and poor and hopeless.
I pray that I might also be moved to have a godly concern for the least of these as well!

-Your fellow servant

PS: Check out Misty Edwards "Let Me Love You More" and "Lovesick" on youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment