Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's marvelous

It's been eventful!

Saturday was quite marvelous really. My dad and grandmother came up to Denton and I took them to the lovelywonderous Sukho Thai!
(The face of someone who gets to eat delicious sukho thai food!)

Saturday night I got to see people dear and precious to me! The party was so much fun, lots of good baked treats (thanks Ashli!)

Then I went to Jon Ladner and the Cumulonimbus band's show. Gosh. Their music is fabulo-tastic. That Jon Ladner is filled with wisdom and thought-provoking lyrics.

There was another guy there that was playing, right before C-band, and he was just especially passionate. He had this one song that was only two lines, and he taught it to us, "I will remember, what you forgot..."....shoot! I forgot the second line!! That's not an attempt at a lame joke even, for once! I really did forget it! And it was so good!

But Cumulonimbus band, maybe it's because I know and admire J-Ladner, they were especially delightful. They had this one song, and I can't tell you much of the words, but I remember it was exceptionally strong and hopeful.

Jon Foreman (Jons tend to be cool songwriters huh?) once said that he didn't write songs when he was happy, only when he was sad. He said that his songs were like a defiant anthem against the sadness, a call to hope.

I get the feeling.... man... no matter what surrounds me, whether it's physical chill or emotional distress, that it has no power - The One who is in me is greater than all the world. Even if that includes what's afflicting my own heart. The chill and the cold of this world might SURROUND you but Christ is WITHIN you. And He is already Victor; His ressurection was the victory over sin and death.
(....maybe this is one of those things that you find cliche when you hear it, but when your heart learns it, it's what you want to share.)

Since you already think I'm cliche, I could toss in an Owl City quote. "Though this winter does nothing but storm, the joy in my heart is a blaze, and it's keeping me warm."


Open up the doors and let the music play
Let the streets resound with singing
Songs that bring your hope
Songs that bring your joy
Dancers who dance upon injustice

Let's not be afraid. even of fear itself, all things are under authority.
and fear the Lord of Justice, loving the Lord of goodness

Affectionately, your fellow servant

No comments:

Post a Comment