Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This is the Sound of Settling

I finally feel like I am getting used to living here. The dorm food is still exciting and tasty, so I know I'm not really "settled" yet, and the moments are magical, but I'm started to become more oriented and feel like a real UNT eagle.

I had my first real drawing class today. We sketched "gesture drawings." We had 10 seconds to capture the general idea and mass of a still life. At first I was failing miserably and my drawings looked awful, but I asked my teacher for helpful advice and she told me how to give my items weight with loose shading and junk, and suddenly, bam, it looked SO much better! It was amazing. She was pleased that I improved! Also that I had been willing to ask for help.

I went to the thrift store to buy a still life. (Our assignment was to bring one on thursday) I was thinking some cheap toy. They had a basket of fake fruit!!! =)

I also found a weird looking fake flower in the 99 cent store. It is very ornate and even if I don't use it now, I can use it later this year.

I had to walk quite a bit today.. So I am very tired. And hungry. And I had two lunches. I feel very voracious. I don't understand it. I don't think I'm getting fatter either.
I sing a lot. I don't even care if people are around anymore. I've accepted that I need to let off steam. It's a healthy way of my relieving stress.

I decided that I'm not going to audition for the UNT Glee Club. It's not that I don't want to. I'd love to. But right now I need to focus on Communication Design, and getting my portfolio in.
It's a sad thing that I have to give up something that used to make me really happy. But it's a sacrifice that I know I have to make, because I want my portfolio to be my #2 priority. #1? Well bringing glory to the Father of course =)

I'm going to get working on my thumbnail sketch homework! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment