Sunday, August 29, 2010

Christ Community Church (C3)


Today is Sunday! =) Finding a new church in a new place was something I was looking foward to. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut, but when God takes you out of your comfort zone and into a new environment, you discover more about yourself!

So we were going to church and Maggie (coolest person ever) mentioned we might try picking up people who weren't busy and offering to take them to church. We picked up a girl named Laon - such a sweetheart! She was from China and said she didn't know much about Jesus! So it was a joy to share with her.

The minute I walked into the office building where this church met, I was overwhelmed with the presence of the spirit. It was very small, but you could tell that everyone cared about each other, and multiple people greeted me with hugs.
Worship was very passionate, not a lot of drums or synth or fancy effects, just enough to lead us.
The sermon was absolutely incredible. The entire time I could just feel the Spirit working and changing me, and I knew it must be doing the same for others. The whole church just felt ALIVE. You could just sense a hunger in this church for the Gospel, and to spread it.

I was so overwhelmed by how active and alive this church was.

But you know what? I can't really tell you all the things that have been happening because they're personal and crazy, but God is working in my life more than ever. God's MOVING in amazing ways that I only wished I could see happen. It's so beautiful!

The coolest thing is, God is giving me this desire to pursue Him and grow!
Maggie and Elise asked me this but I want to tell you guys my goal for this year, besides the obvious, good GPA, make friends, get involved, yayaya.

I really want to pursue God this year and let Him guide me into more than just being nurtured, but helping spread His kingdom, and being active in my faith!
That's why I am looking for a church that fosters that spirit in me, that doesn't baby me but challenges me.

So far He has blessed me with wonderful older Christian sisters that I want to model myself after, I can't wait to see what He does next in my life.

Well, I'm going to start studying hardcore, pray for me!

Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment