Thursday, August 26, 2010

Art junk and Bon jovi

It turns out my first class was about the farthest you could get from Honors hall. Happy day! Relaxing and gentle excercise!

It was my art drawing 1 class. I was intimidated by all the other artists in the room. I guess I don't feel "legit." My teacher seemed nice. Sympathetic.

I like to think of myself as an empty cup. I'm not walking in with much of anything, but I want to learn. And I'm impressionable. I know that about myself. When I find people I want to be like and learn from, I try and keep them close.

Oh-my-goodness. My Classical Argument professor is a crazy one. She's from new york and totally over-the-top.
She described the class as "classical bull$#!#" in her opening to get our attention. I don't know about you, but hearing that from an educator, coming from high school, is different.

I saw the dark side of being far away from Honors after I got all my art supplies and had to lug the massive portfolio filled with art junk all the way back to honors. On an empty stomach. Way past my lunchtime. In the midday sun.

I haven't been exposed to a lot of physical strain in my life, and I think it made me fearless. On the less crowded streets, I sang Bon Jovi to keep my spirits up.
My hands are still sore.

I wonder how many calories I burned! =DDD probably a gazillion! I think I deserve a black forest cake from Maple! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment