Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Magic, Mirrors and Music

I don't know if you will understand what I'm talking about, so let me lay it down for you.

The Mirror of Erised from Harry Potter? Your reflection is the desire of your heart. Dumbledore said that the happiest man on earth would look into it and see himself exactly as he was.

I guess you know what I'm about to say, then.

Today we had convocation, and the dean/principal guy gave a really touching speech about success and growth in college. He encouraged us and I admit that I had tears of joy in my eyes, I was so moved. I'm happy to be here.

Also tonight was the bsm's open mic night. Me and a friend from church did a song, and even though the keyboard got cold feet, we didn't >:D
It was really nice. I've always wanted to do that Falling Slowly song with a guitarist. It sounds so much cooler than playing it by myself. Marketa Irglova without Glen Hansard? not the same...

The acts were all so good. There was so much talent.

CLASSES START TOMORROW MORNING.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment