Monday, April 11, 2011

Umeboshi

Just got back from praying at the BSM! Good, sweet time of prayer! God is moving!

You might not be particularly impressed to hear that it was the most exciting part of my day, but I was studying all day, and that prayer meeting was the only significant thing I did besides eating meals.
- actually, I went to the thrift store and got a beautiful summer skirt that goes down to my feet. Also got two comfortable shirts because the graphic tees I used to wear everyday have shrunk away to nothing.

I'm wearing one right now and it feels like a snuggie. :)

Tomorrow will be more fun because I will turn in my paper and finally be free to have some fun times!
not that today hasn't been - it was actually really nice. It just goes to show, you don't need fantastic circumstances to have a lovely day.

Tomorrow I plan on having a picnic with myself and Walt Whitman. I will bring a mat and a sandwich and lay on the grass and read poetry.... mm!!!
Guess what?! There is going to be a 72-hour prayer tent!!! Obviously since I have class (and also require meals) I can't be there all 72 hours, but the goal is to have people there all 72 hours just praying and praying!

~
"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something formed individually within each person, so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you."

This is really cute. (An onigiri is a rice ball, and an umeboshi is the topping, like a fruit.)

"If you think of someone's good qualities as the umeboshi in an onigiri, it's as if their qualities are stuck to their back! People around the world are like onigiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back, they might not be able to see their umeboshi. "There's nothing special about me. I'm just white rice." Maybe the reason people get jealous of each other, is because they can see so clearly the umeboshi on other people's backs. I can see them, too. I can see them perfectly. There's an amazing umeboshi on your back, my friend."

3 comments:

  1. How did you get Brock to make food for you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know, he falls in love with every girl he sees, so he made this for me and for some reason he kept calling it a "donut."...?
    PS: this is Daniel's comment right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you guess?

    ReplyDelete