Monday, April 25, 2011

East-aah

Saturday we had Gospel jam choir practice (isn't it great???) and I do love singing alto, reminded me of my choir days :-)

Then Maggie put on this great tea party and it was so much fun! We had classy food (little sandwiches with toothpicks in them) and cheese and crackers and SCONES! We played classical music and sipped our tea with our pinkies in the air! So great.

We took a bath in the jacuzzi (we all had our clothes on!) and it was a bubble explosion. We got out because there was a bubble FLOOD and started having a bubble-snowball fight, throwing it in each other's faces and having a jolly time :-)

I've been really lazy about putting pictures on here. It's just too much effort... bleah

And then I slept over at Crow. I wore my floral little Easter dress to church and we played music and it was so good... the service was so great. Mark shared his testimony and man God loves us so much. I can't even... waah!

Jessie and Molly and Gina were praying for me when I was repenting and I just felt really ashamed and sad and they said that the Lord told them that He was going to allow them to feel a small sample of what the Lord was feeling for me and they all told me that they felt this huge amount of LOVE and that they literally hurt inside and I was just like....... ???? what???? It's so hard for me to accept that.
I feel like have a hard time remembering, I'm trying to do these good things and grow, but it's not even about that. It's all about Christ!

Anyway - the Easter cookout was SO much fun. So much great food. Chocolate pie, my favorite! :-) And we sang songs and had an egg breaking contest. My egg was pretty strong.

~

It's good to have my feet in back on the right path. It's like coming home. And when I'm in right standing with the One I adore so much, it's the best thing in the world. I feel great.

I guess I've been a bit hung up on old sin. You know that old saying, history never repeats itself, but it rhymes? Well... I really need to be careful. I guess I realized that I needed to be careful, but there was a point that I just kind of ignored it and said, "I'm going to do this anyway, because I WANT to," and I figured I'd deal with the consequences later.

Looking at it now this seems to be the recipe for so many of life's disasters. Ugh, I've been a fool.

Even now, after all I've been shown, and how the Lord's been so faithful to give me the desires of my heart... Everything I asked for I've been receiving. It's almost uncanny.

I guess I knew, Wednesday night, praying for humility was going to be tough, and I wouldn't like what God did to bring that about... For some reason it still came as a surprise.

Just when you feel like you're doing everything right.. God's going to wreck your self-righteous heart, haha...

Anyway. It sure cured me of my huge pride problems. I'm very thankful for grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment