Friday, April 8, 2011

A Lady

"A polished lady will shine in all circumstances."

I think that I used to scorn the notion of being a well-behaved and gentle woman. Being older and gentler, I now see the merit in things like grace, tranquility, and overall classiness.
There's significant differences between "ladies" and "tramps."
I guess not everything about the traditional "lady" lines up with my perception of the righteous woman in Proverbs. I'd never advocate turning my nose up at things that aren't "just right" or being snobby. But there seem to be similarities, and desirable qualities in a "Lady."

From a site called "How to be a Lady"
Meaning of a Lady: A well-mannered and considerate woman with high standards of proper behaviour. A woman who is regarded as proper and virtuous.

I was actually reading the list, and a lot of the tips directly contradicted each other, but still, there were some that seemed like good things to do.

1. Be generous with expressions of gratitude such as: ‘Thank You’ and ‘I appreciate that’.
25. Don’t complain about the weather. You cannot change it anyway.

I don't know. Classy women stand out in a world that doesn't value gentle women.

Sure, there are times to be undignified, but one must try, hm? Being graceful and kind is a blessing to those around you. It makes people feel comfortable.

I'm not saying that people who don't wear the nicest clothes are "less", or that blunt and honest people aren't valuable. But if you introduce grace into whatever you do, no matter what you wear, you will shine as a lady, like Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment