Saturday, April 9, 2011

a Mom-ish day

I'm being more productive than I thought. I did a major cleaning of my room, laundry, etc. The room was getting pretty scary.

Then, got some groceries. It's tough to bike with a gallon of milk in a bag on your arm.

I was on my way home when I heard a male voice singing, "We were meant to live for so much more..." and he trailed off. I didn't see who it was (there was a corner dividing us). He didn't finish. I sung back, "But we lost ourselves!"

And he sang back, "Somewhere we live inside!"
We kept singing the next line to each other. But I left before he made it around the wall.

So, mystery-Switchfoot-fan-man, if we meet again, just wanted to let you know,
you have a nice voice,
and a nice taste in music.

~

My hypothesis was that jazz music is best for writing papers.
However. While jazz is great for stimulating creative stuff like my art homework, jazz just makes me frustrated when I'm doing something like writing a paper about something I hate.

I can't really get passionate about something like nitrogen. I suspect that I was born without a left side of my brain, because I have neither logic nor sciency smarts.

So I'm trying out different genres, hoping one will work. At this point the most successful genre is vacuous pop. Justin Bieber, you're the only thing making this paper bearable....Well, I've been doing so little play and so much work, I sure do feel like a mom.
Especially now that I just switched to Herbie Hancock.

No comments:

Post a Comment