Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Let's see. It's Friday night. What's been happening?

Too many things....

Well, 72 hours of prayer was amazing. Our G-d is definitely a Living G-d, truly alive and not dead.

Thursday was nice, I went to a Maundy Thursday service at Eamon's church and it was so beautiful, I really do like liturgical services.. They had a container of water at the entrance and you had to do the sign of the cross with the water, and kneel, and it was really special.. I have a lot of admiration in my heart for the people who were showing G-d such reverence.


It reminded me of the state of the American church today and how irreverent we tend to be - the fear of the Lord is something we don't really instill in our youth groups.

Then, Friday, I went back to the prayer tent, helped put it back, went to lunch with friends, went to Crow and had Loverlies practice...

Pastor Ross had a Good Friday video presentation that was very somber. Now, understand, I've been exposed to video games that contained gratuitous violence and people's heads exploding like pumpkins, so I'm not afraid or even disturbed by blood, especially onscreen. But when I was advised to think about my sin and all the things I'd done to grieve the Lord, and watched a representation of my Blessed Savior cry out because hooks were ripping off His skin.. it made it all the more significant..

It's not the severe violence that wrenches my heart. It's how He was meek and gentle and silent and asked forgiveness for all of them, during the whole thing... His Holy humility, in the face of so much darkness. I knew it was ME that was hurting Him, and He just bore it gently. How often is it that we actively hurt someone and they forgave us in their hearts as we are doing it, so that it looks like they aren't even being hurt?
Huh, but you know this already? Right? Nothing new to you... it's not new to me either, but it's newly real.

~

After that we went to Fuzzy's Tacos and then we went to the Spectahouse and watched Tombstone... great movie.

Not much else to report, other than a general feeling of confusion over how much goodness has been dumped out on me. The people that love me must have prayed for me to have come into a place of such wonderful, wonderful joy and contact with my Lord.

I wrote the first new song I've written in a long time. Not just a flimsy song that I'll forget. This is one I like. It doesn't have words just yet, but I'm calling it 'Toska.'

~

I wonder... what could G-d possibly have in store for me? He's been so faithful to answer prayers, and after all this prayer, certainly big things are about to happen...

be encouraged friends, as a Friend whispered in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment