Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chemical X

A list of things that happened to-day

1. Church. Played accordion. Ross talked about the church and "the temple." was pretty convicted.
2. went to the Loophole. ate a mushroom burger. So weird. So good.
3. Went to the Nelson center (a center for kids with dysfunctional families) and played Telephone Pictionary with the kids. They were so sweet. And we all had fun together. Prayed against spiritual forces afflicting them.
4. went to Yogurt Story. revealed that I was wearing a Justin Bieber shirt. Poor choice. I'll never hear the end of it.
5. went to Crow House. helped Jacob write a song. It's a secret song, though
6. read The Little Prince. still mentally digesting it.
7. went back to dorm, worked on paper for hours and hours (because I really do care about my schoolwork and want to excel.)
~

I feel compelled to share all these truths I've been learning with younger believers. about discipleship and turning Christianity into a legitimate lifestyle. It changed my life. Walking with the Lord.

Nothing compares to this. Every day, seeking the Lord? growing in truth? (eep) confessing sins? Walking in the light, it's revolutionized everything!!!

I get really sad when I come across Christians who aren't really in the truth, and I just want them to come chase the Lord with me, but they think that they're done. They're angry, and sad, and unsatisfied, and I know they want Christ, but they don't even know and they say they know. They don't walk in love but they straighten up for youth group. I don't get upset because I feel self-righteous and I want people to live like I do, I feel bad because they aren't experiencing the redemption and a Gospel-centered lifestyle.

I professed Christ my whole life, even when I didn't understand. I always claimed to know Christ, and accepted teaching, but it is only now that I have taken responsibility and left the milk, moved on to solid food, that I truly understand and want more. That's how I know the difference between professing and thinking you're in the truth, and really being in the light.
And I want that for all of my Christian friends! A true understanding and a faith that produces fruit!
Because I know that anything less just isn't enough.

........ Sometimes I wonder if that's what people have been trying to tell me all my life at Christian youth camps. I know they mentioned really being a disciple. I think they tried to tell us about the new way of life. I've been trying to figure out, what was the secret ingredient? What turned the book of old Jewish law in my hand into THE LIVING WORD?
When I came here I was blessed with prophetic dreams and Spirit-led encounters and witnessing incredible Gospel-centered lifestyles.

I just have to have more, more truth! More Word! More Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment