Monday, May 2, 2011

Steven Adams and the Spider dream

Today the power went out.


I was taking a nap after having breakfast with Grace and Andy, and I was having a dream…

In my dream I had a male roommate named Steven Adams. I was singing showtunes, thinking he wasn’t around, and loving my new room, when all of a sudden, I saw a spider. It was TINY, but I hate them. I screamed. I heard him start to wake up in the other room. I was super embarrassed – because of the showtunes and the screaming.
I apologized. He walked over and I said, “I’m sorry, I wouldn’t scream at a little spider, but this is a big one,” and suddenly that teeny thing was a giant tarantula.

It was big enough to carry a little hook and started riding on the hook on little strings it had spun. I started trying to kill it with a shoe and Steven thought I was brave. But after missing it, my bravery ran out, and I tossed the shoe to him and said, “You do it, you’re a boy!” and he freaked out and we both ran away.
We hid in the kitchen, and I realized I hadn’t ever introduced myself, so I told him my name, and he told me his (but I had already seen it on his belongings, so I knew it was Steven Adams.)

I woke up to the lights flashing on and off. Finally everything just turned off. I was hoping it would come back on, but I just gave up and went to Bruce to eat.
That’s all for now ~

No comments:

Post a Comment