Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fire!

It might be repetitive and perhaps even expected that I begin by saying, "___ day was so awesome!" or tell you how great something was.

Well, true to form, I'm dying to tell you about how fun the bonfire last night was.

But also, the Lord has been doing a slow and steady work in my obedience and helping me maintain a walk of peace and joy. I guess I don't know when you're supposed to get angry and snippy with people you live with, but so far, I have had nothing but peace in my relationships. With Jon, too - things seem to be going really well.

Multiple people, who have had no communication with each other about the matter, have informed me that the Lord was telling them that He wanted me to stay joyful. One person said they saw a dancing rainbow flame and the phrase "dancing," when they were praying over me, and another person said that the message was "keep your happy heart."

I guess I just get concerned that all this is too good to be true, that it won't last, that it's not as good as I think, or that I'm too easily satisfied. But I think the Lord wants me to delight - to take full joy in the gifts He has given me. They might not look rare or expensive to others, but they are precious to me, and I don't have to worry about how other people value them, because I'm not trading them away anyway, haha!
Like the bonfire! :-) a precious moment.

We ate smores and sang songs and baked a pie for Shawn's birthday.

have a good day! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment