Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ice Cream Sunday

A good day, I'd say!

I got to play "cord-e-own" (accordion) in church today.
It was pretty swell - people said they liked the sound :-)

Then, after church, we went out to Braum's for ice creams! I got an ice cream "sunday" !
It's been a long time since I had one. The fudge was just sooo almost solid.

Then I went and worked on my paper. I'm nearly halfway done! I'll finish it in no time!

It rained really hard today... I was napping and I heard "pink, pink" and opened my blinds and there was hail tapping my window!

I got a ride to Communion with Carole. Communion was sweet. We prayed for unity. And then Nathan played that Rich Mullins song, "Peace (A Communion Blessing)" what a great song!

Warren mentioned that we shouldn't let people try to get us down because we were young, but at that moment, I thought of the Quaker church in Maine, and I was the only young person there, but they were all very concerned with the leading of the Spirit and doing right in the eyes of the Lord and building up the church.

Warren was an older person amazed at the faith of younger people, but I was a younger person amazed at the faith of older people. What's my point? We should learn from each other and not be quick to pass judgement on "old dead faith" or "youthful ignorance." The Spirit within us unites us as brothers and sisters.

It makes me happy to think about how children can teach old people things, and old people teach children. Each part of the body helps the other parts. The shy, the bold, the smart, the young...

We're all ingrafted onto the same tree, swaying in the same Spirit, rooted in Truth.
Glory to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment