Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Loverly recording #2

I thought that today was going to be really tough, but it turned out to be not so bad after all.

I turned in my research paper, presented my project, and had my last day of English. The end of the year is coming up really fast. I didn't expect it. Everyone else is so excited for summer. But it kind of makes me feel sad. I really like school.

More Loverlies recording happened today. I sang harmony. It was kind of strange. There was a black circle on the mike with what looked like cloth covering it. Jon called it a "pop filter." It's supposed to block your breath from reaching the mike.
Anyway, it was kind of embarrassing singing without any music behind me - I mean, I could hear it, but it probably sounded silly to people listening.

On the way home we had a cookie party. I sure do like cookies =-)

Oh! in class we had a red velvet cupcake party! The girls in honors baked them! And they were really great! They had sour patch kids in their frosting! Mmm!

I guess it just goes to show. Just because you think it might be a hard day, doesn't mean that it won't suprise you and turn out great.

But you should still walk out your front door with a big smile, and be cheerful no matter what.

~

I guess the old saying about kindness is true. Just because you think someone might not like you, that doesn't mean you're right. Sometimes people just don't know how to love each other. And some people don't know how much you love THEM! That's why honesty is so important. You should always tell people that you really like them.

I stopped hanging around people that are sarcastic and.. I guess funny.. but even if it's only joking, I don't want to hear people putting each other down. I'm not sure what they think about me, but ... I'd rather be thought of as someone who isn't witty and hilarious than someone who is cruel.

The Lord is good. I'm happy to serve Him. Sometimes I don't realize in my heart how Good He is to me. Earlier I just felt apathetic and idolatrous. But the Holy Spirit is awakening me to those moments and nudging me to when I need to 'shape up.'

No comments:

Post a Comment