Friday, August 19, 2011

Two important things happened today, I feel that these things are important enough to mention.

During my stay in fort worth I did two silly things. I looked deep into my old journals and thought about my old dreams and thoughts and passions. I also reread an old blog that used to inspire those dreams and passions. It was very self indulgent.

After dwelling in the dreams of the past, I bumped into an old high school friend of mine. My life was so different while hers seemed so similar.... I realized how foolish it would be to live in the past and how dangerous it was to regret things... Seize the day, huh?

It got me thinking about that blog and how dreamy and idealistic it was and - golly, I think a lot of bloggers, including me, tried to blog to make people think they were funny and cool and deep.

And I thought, if I'm not doing it to make people think I'm cool (nobody reads blogs anymore) what am I doing it for? 

This blog is the closest I've come to trying to be innocent as a dove yet wise as a serpent. I want to examine the world and figure out how to operate in love, all the while doing so with wonder - accepting that I am, and will always be, a child: young and dumb. Every day getting (as Jon said) "less young and less dumb." 

Isn't it strange, how we change, who we turn out to be? Sometimes watching people change is sad. Or the tragedy of people that stay the same. But I've seen a change in my own heart that has been the best thing in my whole 18 years. 

...Goll-eey!

Next time I'll talk about something funny and cool, huh? ... Life is strange, dadgummit.

No comments:

Post a Comment