Monday, February 28, 2011

Early to Rise

Today's challenge:
A picture of your favorite memory.

I think I have a lot of favorites - and this isn't necessarily my favorite, but I wrote this, and I'll make it fit.

A picture, and a poem, of a ... nice memory

"Early to Rise"
The last soggy heart, in a sea of lucky charms
Dancing alone on a cream-white dance floor
Sometimes I twirl like that on cold white tile
Hoping a silver spoon would sweep me off my feet

With the morning in mind I bid crickets goodnight
He stays up late watching movies but I'm already gone
On a quiet train that goes from sweet dreams to dawn
Me and the day will wake and break bread together

Barefoot I dance in the dew
The mist and the birds remind me of You
I rise from my bed like I rose from the dead
Feeling like a child, feeling like new

Maybe I won't be wealthy or wise
I can't blame him for sleeping in
But as I pour this bowl of cereal
I don't regret being early to rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment