Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Busy bee

I couldn't think of a relevant picture
My cup of blessings and joy has overflowed to where I just can't keep up with a blog about it. As much as I like to keep you informed, so much of these good things are just, really, more of the same.

Meeting with friends to pray and share and guide each other in trouble, celebrating the Gospel, working hard to get good grades, making new friends every day....
Sometimes I just don't know how it could get better.

Obviously, I myself have a lot of work. I spend a lot of time straightening my hair instead of straightening up the mess inside and think about boys too much. Even though I'm blessed to be able to serve, I let myself feel overwhelmed with all I'm expected to do now.
I seem to swing back and forth between not stewarding time well, and stressing too much about time. Neither are godly, obviously...

I'm being challenged and tested in different ways. I've been blessed with a richer affection for the Lord, and I want that to increase. At the same time things are getting harder. So I'm holding onto Grace, and the promise that His mercies are anew each morning.

The GSP practice tests are easier than I thought. There is one setback - I need 35$ exact cash, or a check. I don't think I have 35$, and I can't write a check.

Valentine's day wasn't lonely in any way. I don't know why I thought it would be. Me and some single lady-friends watched the Notebook, and I didn't really like it. I keep watching chick flicks thinking maybe I'll like them, but I never do.... well, except for She's the Man.
....I had the option of not being alone on Valentine's, but I really feel like being alone was the best thing.

I'm helping to lead worship at Crave tomorrow. Singing with the band while playing drums will be fun. "Howdja get a mike behind the drums, you silly girl?" You say. Because when Coltin overheard me doing a harmony on the acapella part he said "You're toast!" except he used the words "I like dat stuff, we get mike for you."


That's all I have to say. Pray for peace and self-control.
In Christ,
Rachey-belly

No comments:

Post a Comment