Friday, December 17, 2010

Nonsense


Sometimes, when I am at a loss for words, I talk and gibberish comes out.

It's all well and good around friends. They know. Sometimes there just isn't a word in the internal vocab bank for what's going on.

But sometimes it's not okay.

I literally speak gibberish when I am around a cute boy. I can't make a coherent remark.
I try to think of something witty and interesting and charming, and all he hears is "Aafeiowtaglj rasjkf pliaefnck?"

If I do happen upon the power of the English language, it's usually to say something brilliant like, "Pumice stones! Bicycle tire! .... (attempt at compliment) you've got nickels in your tomatoes?"
I'm exaggerating, of course (about the random nouns, gibberish is for real) - but I tend to say weird things.

I guess I should be grateful the victim mostly ignores me.

I got called strange a lot by the last boy I liked. I sure earned it...
For some reason, when I'm around a cute boy, wearing and doing bizarre things feels normal. Why are my socks on my hands? I don't know, this must be part of your spell on me.

Why am I pouring salt in my tea?
Why am I making a "dirt angel" in the ground?

The sad part is, I'm always attracted to the serious, moody, no-nonsense types, who like thoughtful girls that can, well, speak intelligibly at the least.

I'm a silly person, for sure, but around 99% of the population, I can speak and joke around just fine. Normal silliness.
But you'll know when I'm around someone I find attractive.... you'd be suprised what happens sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment