Saturday, December 4, 2010

J&J's!


So!!! Last night was pretty fun! and of course it was, because it was a show!

A show with bands with friends! And friends in bands! And lovely music.

Nathan Miller and the Loverlies played first! It was fun playing djimbe! I've grown to really love the sound of miscellaneous percussion as opposed to a full trap set.

Then was the Cumulonimbus Band! In which the esteemed Mr Jon Ladner was playing and singing! The lyrics of their songs were so clever. That guy is a strange bird! In a good way.

Then Across Waters played! I feel a little bad because it's hard for me to appreciate instrumental music live, I like listening to it with eyes closed in the privacy of my own contemplation, but their stuff is energetic and pulls me onboard the groove train anyway!

.... I love Denton

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Rachel! You've discovered miscellaneous percussion. Just know back at home (your family's home) I'm still playing those instruments.

    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete