Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken Soup / One Way

I'm sick.

Went to the store, promptly, to buy orange juice and chicken soup.
Survived the attempt. Mission, success.
Woke up at 4:16 this morning due to aforementioned sickness. Ugh.

Thank goodness I don't have any homework besides studying in general. Also, another happy thing, the quiz in class today was open notes, so it was a breeze.
So class is going well, I s'pose.

Elise wrote a new song. I like it, it has a part where the chorus is "there is one way, there is one truth, there is one life... the gate is wide, but it's a narrow path..."
The song overall is about Jesus being the way, and not just a good man. But the encouraging part for me is the notion of One Holy Catholic Church, that everyone who believes in the Apostle's Creed and who trusts in Jesus are all brothers and sisters, and that we all really essentially believe the same thing. We might be wrong about some things, but the important part is loving and obeying Christ and trying to follow the law, huh?

I guess I can't say what the "important" parts are. But for me, the most encouraging story in the Bible regarding doctrine and the "narrow way" is this one:

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

I don't EXACTLY know what will happen to me when I die. Different denominations say different things. But I want to go with that thief to join beautiful, sweet, kind, lovely, Holy, perfect Jesus.

Mmmmm, drinking my delicious chicken soup broth now. I hope I'm right as rain again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment