Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Blues

This morning I woke up right at 6. Right when I wanted to. That never happens. I even had a cup of coffee with my favorite breakfast - croissant, bacon, egg and cheese sandwich.

I crawled back in bed with Grace and told her jokes to wake her up.

We had a breakfast dance party, after which we all agreed, it was going to be a good day.

So many good things happened. We were right.

Somehow, though, I still ended up in tears after a frustrating experience with my history class. That's what seems to be the recurring theme of Tuesdays. Crying.
Tuesdays, for whatever reason, seem to give me a bad case of the blues.

It's easy, when I call it that, "the blues," to point the finger at some disease that doesn't have to do with who I am. Like a cold. I'm still the hero in my mind.

You bend until you break. You just can't take it anymore. That's the thought.

If you just step back and breathe, everything really isn't so bad. You just have the blues and maybe you can't see that so well (maybe you've got tears in your eyes)

I'm not content to be "sick" with the blues. What's the remedy? There's got to be a cure for my heart.

My theory is this. It's not so much a sickness as it is a brokenness in my spirit. Yes, there is wrong, but I'm not the victim. I'm the one doing it wrong - I just need to put the reality and discipline of Joy into practice!

Like all other disciplines, it takes time and persistence. Like all of the other fruits of the Spirit, it is grown.

Even if I have to keep fighting bad things and sad feelings all of the time, I will always choose to dwell in the house of the Lord, and I can't be shaken there.

No comments:

Post a Comment