Friday, September 9, 2011

New World

Even though I haven't really left Denton, I haven't gone anywhere new, I still feel like things are different.

I admit I haven't been diligent about chasing after the Lord, chasing after heavenly things. That was the thing that really brought to life all the good things.

Even aside from that, people I love are getting married, people I love are moving, and all the time, people I love are changing. One of the houses we used to go to and have dance parties, nobody lives there anymore.

Matt Terrill's song "Sycamore Street" (listen to their album Random People) is really great for just this kind of feeling. I think everyone struggles with change a little bit. Learning to adjust is hard.

I guess the remedy for the discomfort that comes with losing things is the hope for new things. I have to remind myself that better things are ahead.

Whatever happens to my household, my friends, my career, the city I live in, I just have to have faith

"How lucky I am, to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard" ~ Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment