Monday, January 16, 2012

A glorious castle

It all started when I found out that my tiny new house, that I had just moved into, had stairs. I ran up the stairs and opened the door to a windy deck, that stretched out as far as the eye could see.

Trees were coming up out of holes in the deck, and were decorated with ornaments and lights. But they paled in comparison to the sky. It was daytime, but stars were shooting. I looked down, and found that I was miles and miles above the ground, in the clouds!

I ran around the trees and grabbed onto the railing, looking down, and thought it was a great moment to yell, "I'm the king of the world!" even though I've never seen Titanic.

Not only was there a staircase, but there was an elevator. The floor numbers were in Roman numerals, but there were so many characters I couldn't tell what floor I was on. I jumped in and out at random stops, until night fell.

On one of the floors they were having the most wonderful feast. After dinner, everyone went outside to watch the king of the castle, riding around in a chariot through the night sky, set off fireworks.

He was laughing, and having a jolly good time. Everyone was cheering, and someone told me, "This happens every night!"

Maybe tomorrow night I'll have that dream again....

No comments:

Post a Comment